After looking at the different music videos I have a list of some basic rules many of these videos followed.
- Lip-syncing - the artist or band sing towards to camera, this is very common in genres such as pop and r&b.
- Short takes- this is done to keep the audience interested.
- Performance- this is one of the two main aspects that i have seen in the videos.
- A storyline- many of the videos followed a story.
- Choreography- Very typical in pop and r&b genres
- Male gaze- Having attractive woman on screen to appeal to the male audience.
- Shot variation- This is again done to kep interest with the target audience.
- Cross Cutting- Especially used when there is both concept and narrative- used togo between both parts.